Royal Highness: The Ashes for Beauty Queen

who: Janet Jackson
what: First Interview after MJ's Death
when: October Issue of Harper's Bazaar
next project: New album due next spring




Snippet from interview with Harper's Bazaar Magazine

...For all her quietness, Janet is acutely aware of image and the power she has, especially with young women. She is completing a book called True You, about diet and self-esteem. "It was originally about weight loss," she says. Famously up and down in weight, Janet shed 60 pounds in four months in 2006. She has been in turn envied and criticized for her figure, which has varied from girlish in Herb Ritts's 1990 "Love Will Never Do (Without You)" video to muscly (2004's infamous Super Bowl "wardrobe malfunction") to bigger when she takes time out. "But I wanted it to be more about my triggers. I can be an emotional eater." Her voice lowers. "Of late, I have been doing that, yes. It started when I was very little. My brothers were gone on tour a lot, and I would miss them so much. Certain things in my life would become triggers. I wish I'd had a book like this when I was that young. People forget that everyone has things going on." And with the album, tour, book, and film coming up next year, Janet has a lot going on. "It's still important to face reality, and not that I'm running, but sometimes you just need to get away for a second." [...]

No comments: