Nostaglic Inspiration: Diana Ross & The Supremes

 "Stop! In the name of love"
"Before you break my heart"
"Stop! In the name of love"
"Before you break my heart"
"Think it over"
"Think it over.."

When I hear the songs of Diana Ross & The Supremes, instantly I transform into the the third back up singer or the re-invented Diana Ross, as if I was a shining Motown star. And to be honest, the soulful pop lyrics sung by The Supremes and other Motown hit artists, is what I call real music--legendary music!

Diana Ross and The Supremes were considered an overnight success story during the late 50's. The graceful original members were Diana Ross, the lead singer, Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard, who met in Detroit's Brewters housing projects. From there, the group was destined for success in music show biz, with five consecutive number one hits on the chart from 1964-1965 (also including "Baby Love," "Stop! In the Name of Love," "Come See About Me," and "Back in My Arms Again").

One thing about me, I do not buy music CDs. Why? Not sure. I guess I can just borrow from die heart buyers. However, only under one circumstance will I buy a CD and that's if its considered ol' skool, legendary music, that's REAL MUSIC and not all this new stuff, called music like " LOL, smile face", "5 star chick" and etc. So, with that being mentioned, I appreciate Motown, Doo Wop, Rock n' Roll, Funk & Energetic 80's music. Not only the music do I love and appreciate, but the FASHION!




No comments: