I heart OATMEAL, You?!

As a meal, I could eat oatmeal morning, noon and night, or just for a plain old snack. Oatmeal is soooo good! And, can be eaten in so many different ways. I choose to add fruits (blueberries, bananas, & strawberries) and honey, as a sweetener to my bowl of oatmeal. Often times, I find myself in persuading conversations with others, who question my desire to eat oatmeal morning, noon and night. So, here are my 5 points of persuasion, as to why everyone should eat & LOVE oatmeal, like I do!
  1. Oatmeal may help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. Several studies has shown, the positive health correlation between eating 3/4 cups of oatmeal a day and lower cholesterol levels. Oats are consisted of soluble fibers, which helps keep the "bad cholesterol down.In 1997, the Food and Drug Administration announced that oatmeal could carry a label claiming it may reduce the risk of heart disease when combined with a low-fat diet.
  2. Oatmeal may reduce the risk of certain cancers. Fibers and other nutrients will fight for you, if you increase your intake of oats.
  3. Oatmeal contains a wide array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Vitamins, minerals and antioxidants are a + to your overall health of your body. Be good to yourself.
  4. Oatmeal is quick and convenient. If your working or going to 8 o'clock classes, you can sprinkle some oats in a bowl, pour milk or water, and pop in the microwave for less than 3 minutes, to have a warm and traveling meal for breakfast, while on the run. Sometimes, I put my oatmeal in cup and drink while driving. Drinking oatmeal is the only drinking & driving, I will encourage.
  5. Oatmeal is absolutely delicious! Like I said, you can eat oatmeal with great toppings and mixtures. Add blueberries, bananas, raisins, strawberries, or your favorite fruit of choice, with a few circles of honey and/or a dash of cinnamon.
Yum...
Oatmeal coming right up in a few minutes for my study snack. 

Be Beautifully Healthy!




No comments: